Friday, March 30, 2012

Favorite Song Fridays VIII

Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars, "Dununya (The World)"
A few summers ago there was a great song (as there always is) on my favorite local radio station (93.9 The River) that played all the time. It was "Living Stone" by Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars, which I found out via the station's very helpful playlist website, where they publish every song they play and the exact time they play it. I've used this feature a lot when I want to find out what a song is -- just take note of the time you hear the song, and find it on their playlist. Anyway, I found "Living Stone" and decided to buy their whole album. "Dununya (The World)" quickly became my favorite track. Now that the weather here is spectacular and summery, there's nothing like putting this song on and swaying around my apartment with all the windows open, summer air and sunshine streaming in. I love the reggae-like rhythm and the sweet chord progression. I find myself humming along to all the different harmonies, and I can't help but smile when that trailing guitar riff comes in during the last few verses. Happy Friday!


(This is the first time I've tried linking to a track I've uploaded to my computer; I couldn't find a video of this song on youtube, so I hope this works out. Let me know if you can't access it!) 

1 comment:

onehappygirl said...

Couldn't open it, Razz. I'll find it on ITunes to check it out. I love your blog! I hope you keep at it in 'the next chapter'. xx