Friday, March 2, 2012

Favorite Song Fridays VI

Amos Lee, "Supply and Demand"
Amos Lee is one of the artists I've been avoiding posting about here. Not because I don't love him, because I do. But because, like Patty Griffin (my favorite singer-songwriter ever ever in the whole wide universe), he just has too many songs that I love and that mean a lot to me. How was I ever to chose?! But the answer came to me in the form of me not being able to get enough of this song all week. This song came on while I was listening to all the Amos Lee albums I own while cleaning (read: futzing around) my apartment. It caught my attention, and I haven't stopped listening since. 


There is a real lack of good ol' harmony singing in much of the (popular) music being produced these days, so I love listening to this song's classic three-part vocals. I'm pretty sure they're all Amos, but whatever. I sing a few of his songs (namely "Colors" and "Southern Girl"), and have toyed with the idea of putting this one together, with some conveniently harmony-friendly friends. But it's a really hard song to sing! Packing all those lyrics in, keeping an even tempo, enunciating, harmonies...He makes it sound so easy. Sigh. Oh Amos.

No comments: