Monday, January 23, 2012

Metiendo la Pata

"Meter la pata" in Spanish means "To put your foot in it." According to the Mac dictionary on my computer, this means the same thing in English, with the variation "Put one's foot in one's mouth." (I had to look it up because my English has become tainted after so many years of existing in two languages simultaneously and constantly flip-flopping between them). This new tag is for incidences in which I embarrass myself in one way or another -- "meter la pata" -- and it's a little bit sad that a whole tag can exist for this...but I do it often enough, or embarrassing situations arise often enough, that it deserves its own category. Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself...life is really not funny? I don't know how that saying is supposed to end. Living abroad has made me take myself much less seriously, so I will continue to add embarrassing anecdotes so my readers will also take me less seriously. Ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Achei seu blog na blogosfera.
E adoreii!

Já estou te seguindo..
Me visite tbm
http://lidiepaulo.blogspot.com.br

Beijocas
Ótima 6ª feiraa \º/