Friday, January 27, 2012

Favorite Song Fridays III

Desmond Dekker, "Shanty Town"
From one of my very all-time favorite albums ("The Harder They Come" Soundtrack), I give you Desmond Dekker singing "Shanty Town." This is in reference to a recent facebook status update of mine, referring to Santander, where I live, as "Santy Town." Despite the fact that, a) Santander is extremely posh and about the furthest thing possible from a shanty town, and b) this post serves mostly as a reference to an inside joke with myself, it's a great song from an all-around great album. I am only slightly disappointed that I can't, in good blog-faith, include more songs from this album in the near future, so just check out the whole thing after listening to this song. Signing off from a momentarily-sunny Santy town...

No comments: