Monday, January 31, 2011

...And We're Back

It's been so long since I've written. Unforgivably long. "Is Susannah still in Spain?" "Is Susannah still alive?" long. And I have no excuses, except that being here (yes, I am in Spain, and still very much alive) has become so much like "real life." That is, unremarkable, day-to-day, sometimes mundane, get-up-in-the-morning-and-go-to-work "real life," that I don't often find things to write about. When I first arrived I was so homesick and so awe-filled at every new aspect of my adventure that I felt like I had millions of things to report home to family and friends (and to the internet?). Except now... It seems like boring "real life!"


Only I need to keep reminding myself: Yes, it is "real life," every day is "real life," (hence all the quotation marks), except it's "" in SPAIN. Where I've gotten used to just about everything, but everyone at home could be still wondering about little things, like, oh, I don't know... How my students are this year, if I'm still in the same apartment, what little Spanish quirks I'm laughing (or cringing) at this week. So I've decided, after reading (and lurking on and being inspired by) many blogs, that I'll just do it. Just write. That's what I have the blog for anyway, isn't it? Little by little. Updates, whining, pictures, adventures, what I had for breakfast... it doesn't matter. I'm BLOGGING!

1 comment:

Krystin said...

Keep blogging, Susannah! I had the same problem when I got back from traveling and didn't feel like I had any more adventures to write about. You can always find something to write about, and you're right that any little thing can be interesting to those of us who are far away. I hope you're enjoying yourself, and it's good to see that you are still alive. I was wondering...